Annual Survey Summary Results
The Women in Gaming & Hospitality Australasia annual industry survey 2021 provided insights into entry, retention and advancement of women in the industry. The report identify’s gender barriers and the rate of change to becoming an inclusive industry. Key findings:
- Women do not strategically enter the industry, it ‘just happens’
- Less than half of the respondents believe they will reach their desired level of seniority within the industry.
- 56% have indicated they have considered leaving their current role, with key reason for females being lack of pathway to promotion.
The survey indicates WGHA is important to the industry by:
- Being the Voice of the Industry on gender issues,
- Providing information and resources to the industry
- Advocating roles for women
The report shows WGHA needs to obtain greater reach and representation throughout Australia and New Zealand.